Update as of 19 June 2020.
We hope our clients and their families are safe and well during this challenging time.
Our last update was in May and since then the coronavirus situation has continued to change around the world. We follow government guidance on when and how to manage our staff return to in-office work.
What is the current situation?
Our island based locations have made excellent progress in achieving local eradication of COVID-19, which means that two of our locations (Isle of Man and Guernsey) are currently coronavirus free, and these governments have allowed the local communities to return to life at near pre-COVID-19 levels.
- As social distancing has been lifted in the Isle of Man and Guernsey, all staff in these locations are returning and the offices are also now fully open to visitors.
- In Jersey, an expanded core team is working in the office, with a planned phased return of the rest of staff as the Jersey lockdown rules are gradually relaxed over the coming few weeks.
- Our London and Dubai offices remain closed and staff continue to work from home, providing the excellent support to clients that has underpinned this period of uncertainty.
It is still business as usual
With some areas still experiencing coronavirus cases, and everyone having to remain cautious even in the locations where there are no cases, we continue with business as usual, and will do so, even in the unlikely event that we have to close all of our offices again at some point in the future.
- We have updated a number of our processes to allow additional flexibility, and continue to offer the full range of our services to all clients with the normal high levels of care and security.
- Our private banking and client services teams continue to help our clients with their day-to-day investment, banking and lending needs. All of our telephone lines and email addresses continue to be managed as normal, and an increasing number of clients are starting to interact with us via our secure chat platform, Qwil.
- Our investment specialists are guiding clients through this period of unusual market volatility, with our investment committee continuing to meet frequently.
- Our wealth planning specialists are available to help clients create and manage their financial plans, including updated cash-flow modelling.
All of our staff are being extra vigilant in respect of potential fraud attempts – keeping our clients and their money safe from fraudsters who are attempting to take advantage of the coronavirus pandemic.
What does this mean for clients?
As a reminder, although our London and Dubai offices remain closed to visitors and suppliers, we continue to deliver the service our clients expect, with staffing levels unaffected by the coronavirus.
We do however, continue to encourage clients to use our mobile app or online banking service for payments, transfers and foreign exchange. This is the fastest and most secure way of transacting.
Clients can get in touch with their private bankers or relationship managers in the usual way: by telephone; email; or Qwil chat. Alternatively, clients can contact our client services team by email on email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1624 645000.
Nedbank Private Wealth’s overriding priority remains the health and safety of our staff, clients and communities, and our focus remains to protect our clients, advise them with integrity, and make their lives easier.
Nedbank Private Wealth’s overriding priority remains the health and safety of our staff, clients and communities, and our focus remains to protect our clients, advise them with integrity, and make their lives easier. If you would like to find out more about how we can help you manage your money, please contact us on (0)1624 645000